Tyree is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimising waste by constantly evaluating operations and ensuring that our Lean Manufacturing processes are as efficient as possible.
- Minimising toxic emissions through the careful selection and use of our vehicles and power sources.
- Actively promoting recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Sourcing and promoting a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meeting or exceeding all the environmental legislation that relates to our Company.
- Using an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
Tyree also strongly supports the need for the transformer industry to find a sustainable source of base liquid in dielectric liquid formulation, as the world supply of mineral oil becomes depleted.
Mineral oil has dominated the market for many years due to its wide availability and relatively low cost, however there has been a growing concern that the ideal dielectric fluid should also be biodegradable and renewable.
Mineral oil-based dielectric liquids have been widely used in power and distribution transformers for over a century. Traditionally electric power transformers are cooled and insulated by mineral oil which poses a threat to our environment due to the risk of explosion, leakage and oil spills, coupled with the added problem of end-of-life disposal.