Tyree Transformers continues to deliver transformer solutions to our Western Australia customers. We have successfully supplied and installed a complete package of transformers for Stage 1 of Horizon Power’s Onslow Power Station.
Located in the remote north west of Western Australia in the town of Onslow, the Onslow Power Station project is set to be the home of Australia’s largest distributed energy resource microgrid which will target greater than 50 per cent of the town of Onslow’s electricity needs to be serviced from renewable energy sources. The Onslow microgrid will include a mix of distributed renewables, modular gas powered generation and battery storage aimed at achieving a high level of renewable energy across the town.
Tyree Transformers supplied, tested and pre-commissioned the following transformers for the project;
- 2 x 10/12.5MVA, 33KV/11KV, YNd11, ONAN/ONAF, OLTC Generator Step Up Transformers
- 2 x 10/12.5MVA, 33KV/11KV, Dyn11, ONAN/ONAF, OLTC Zone Substation Transformers
- 2 x 1000KVA, 11KV/415V, Dyn11, ONAN, Ground Mount Transformers
- 1 x 2000KVA, 11KV/415V, Dyn11, ONAN, Ground Mount Transformer
- 1 x 2000KVA, 11KV/415V, YNyn0, ONAN, Ground Mount Transformer
- 2 x 200KVA, 11KV/415V, Dyn11, ONAN, Ground Mount Transformers
- 2 x 11KV, 100A, 10secs Earthing Transformers