Tyree Transformers (‘Tyree’) is a leading manufacturer and supplier of electrical distribution transformers, power transformers and substation solutions to the utility, industrial and mining sectors. With a large workforce of 320+ individuals and operating out of 4 factories, Tyree supply transformer solutions across Australia, New Zealand and the Asia-pacific region. Tyree have an experienced and diverse engineering team whose design capabilities encompass the entire product range – transformer / active part design, tanks and steelwork design, sheet metal and skid design, switchgear design and integration – using a variety of technologies and proprietary software solutions.
Due to continued growth Tyree Transformers have an immediate opening for a qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for the role of mechanical design of distribution and/or power transformers and their associated systems. This is a mid level role working within a team and reporting to the senior engineer of the division. The mechanical engineer must have experience in the design of products in the metal fabrication and/or sheet-metal industries and experience in a production environment is highly desirable. The products produced by Tyree range from mass-produced to one off bespoke solutions, as such accuracy and attention to detail are crucial for success in this role.
The key responsibilities of the applicant will include:
- Performing basic design calculations
- 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting using Solidworks
- Entering Bills of Materials into the MRP system
- Issuing Job documentation to Production
- Supporting production as required
Qualifications & skills required by the applicant:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment as a design engineer / design draftsperson.
- Demonstrated competent user of 2D/3D CAD software for both modelling and drafting. Experience with Solidworks is an advantage.
- Good understanding and application of engineering principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience liaising with production staff / trades staff
- Experience working within an ISO9001 framework – a working knowledge of non-conformance systems i.e. corrective actions, preventative actions, engineering change requests – as they relate to the design and manufacture of product would be highly regarded
This position is aimed at individuals with 5+ years relevant design experience who are looking to apply and grow their skills in the transformer and related fields. Salary offered is negotiable based on experience and job security is excellent.
Interested individuals should apply by lodging an application through Seek.