Tyree Industries is a long established and growing manufacturer of power and distribution transformers and substations, located less than one hour from southern Sydney at Mittagong in the Southern Highlands of NSW. We serve utility and industrial customers across Australasia and the South Pacific. We are seeking an experienced Payroll/HR Officer to fill a new permanent vacancy.
This role is responsible for preparation and processing of weekly and monthly payrolls within the organisation as well as a range of general Human Resource support activities.
The position will report to the Financial Controller and the Manager of Systems & People and a competitive salary package will be negotiated with the succesful candidate.
Typical duties/responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of recruitment adverstising, medicals, interviews and letters of offer
- Timely processing of payrolls and monthly reporting requirements
- Conducting inductions for new employees
- Timely processing of workers compensation claim paperwork and follow up
- Co-ordination of return to work programs for workers
- Accurate maintainence of employee records within the Tyree data base and payroll systems
- Administration communications to employees as required
- Maintaining employee training records, scheduling of retraining and license renewals
- Support in preparation for monthly production staff meetings
- Support managers & team leaders in performing disciplinary processes and other HR related requirements
- Provide support to the Finance team with general accounts duties as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel information
- Ability to work both individually and within a team as required
- Good time management skills to ensure all daily tasks are completed when required
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and ERP software platforms
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in the use of Sage Micropay or a similar payroll system
- A minimum of two years payroll processing experience
- Hold formal qualifications in Human Resources managment.
- Experience/formal qualifications in return to work processes and workers compensation management.
Tyree is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all suitable applicants are encouraged to apply. Candidates need to be eligible to work in Australia.
Enthusiastic and motivated individuals should apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Or addressed to: Cheryl Smith, Financial Controller,
Tyree Industries, P.O. Box 191, Mittagong, NSW, 2575