Tyree Industries is a long established and growing manufacturer of power and distribution transformers and substations, located less than one hour from southern Sydney at Mittagong in the Southern Highlands of NSW. We serve utility and industrial customers across Australasia and the South Pacific. We are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk to join our Finance team.
This role is responsible for daily processing of both incoming and outgoing invoices and receipts and payments within the organisation as well as a range of other related accounts processes.
The position will report to the Financial Controller and work along side other members of the Finance and Tyree Admin team. The position will be permanent part time with a minimum requirement of five by five hour days per week with the possibility of extension as the Company’s needs grow. A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Typical duties/responsibilities include the following:
- Daily processing of sales invoices and distribution to customers
- Daily processing of receipts as received from customers
- Follow up of overdue payments from customers
- On time/accurate processing of creditor invoices ready for payment
- Reconciliation of creditors accounts
- Provide support to the Finance team with other general accounts duties as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and ability to maintain
- Ability to work both individually and within a team as required
- Good time management skills to ensure all daily tasks are completed when required
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and ERP software platforms
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in the use of Syspro or a similar system
- A minimum of two years accounts related experience
- Formal qualifications will be considered but are not essentia
Applications are also welcome from recent accounting/ finance graduates looking to start their careers.
Tyree is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all suitable applicants are encouraged to apply. Candidates need to be eligible to work in Australia.
Enthusiastic and motivated individuals should apply to:
Cheryl Smith, Financial Controller
Tyree Industries Pty Ltd
PO Box 191
Mittagong NSW 2575
or email firstname.lastname@example.org